As an Essential Business Jordano’s Continues to Monitor Information Pertaining to COVID-19
We have updated policies and procedures according to the recommendations and guidelines provided by the CDC, OSHA, and the California Department of Public Health. In addition all personnel have been issued an Essential Worker Designation Letter. In order to remain transparent, we are taking this opportunity to share some of the changes we have put in place:
- Social distancing, including no ride sharing with co-workers and telecommuting where feasible.
- Staggered shift arrangements have been implemented where feasible to reduce the number of on-site staff.
- Reduced travel throughout our facilities, increased emails, phone calls and virtual meetings.
- Increased frequency of cleaning high contact surface areas throughout the facility and delivery vehicles.
- Increased hand sanitizer stations.
- Gloves provided in greater frequency and to more personnel.
- Masks provided and required throughout our operations including customers at our will call counter.
- Delivery drivers can leave products and not obtain a signature upon request in situations where it will not compromise the integrity of the product that is not time/temperature control for safety (TCS).
- Pick-ups are now being set-up where the driver does not need to go inside and/or meets the vendors’ new policy due to COVID-19.
- Outside carriers are no longer allowed in the JFS facility beyond what is necessary… i.e., they are met at the truck to exchange paperwork and unlock their trailers.
- Protocol, policy in place, no returns as posted and conveyed to customers during this arduous time.
- Through June 30th we have cancelled or postponed any events or meetings that would have required more than 10 people. This also included our 2020 Food & Equipment Show which was scheduled for March 29, 30. Our show has been rescheduled for the spring of 2021.
- We remind our employees that if they develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as a cough or shortness of breath, to stay home and call their healthcare provider right away.
We continue to be proactive, not reactive as much as possible in this fluid situation. A business continuity plan that includes measures that require direct action have been put into place should we have an employee that tests positive for COVID-19. This will include not only a cleaning and sanitizing of the areas impacted, but notification of all parties where applicable and as allowed for under the law.
Please know that it is our intention to continue forward with daily operations and working with our valued vendors and customers as we all transition to the changes in the daily routines and norms. Should you have any additional questions or concerns as it relates to Jordano’s and our response to COVID-19 please feel free to contact me directly. Kgilbraith@jordanos.com or (805) 964-0626 Ext. 7854.
Manager of Food Safety & Compliance